Southern Screen presents E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial drive-In movie screening at Moncus Park at the Horse Farm! Join us for a fun night with this 1982 Steven Spielberg classic! After a gentle alien becomes stranded on Earth, the being is discovered and befriended by a young boy named Elliott (Henry Thomas). Bringing the extraterrestrial into his suburban California house, Elliott introduces E.T., as the alien is dubbed, to his brother and his little sister, Gertie (Drew Barrymore), and the children decide to keep its existence a secret. Soon, however, E.T. falls ill, resulting in government intervention and a dire situation for both Elliott and the alien.
The event starts at 6:00PM with yard games, cold drinks and food trucks. Get there early for a good parking spot. The screening of the movie will begin at 8:00PM. This will be an authentic drive-in movie experience, complete with jumbo screen and tune-in car radio audio. There will also be outdoor speakers for those of you who would rather walk-in and sit at the front of the screen on the lawn.
Proceeds will benefit Southern Screen! Doing our best to make Acadiana a cooler place to live!
Tickets will be sold at the event:
Bring your picnic blankets and lawn chairs, but please leave your pets and ice chests at home, and we’ll see you at the Drive-In!
• Entrance will be on Johnston St. at the same gate used for the Farmers Market. (do not use main gate where the barn is located)
• Cars will be held at the bridge in the park until 6:00PM.
• All motorized vehicles are $20.
• Passengers arriving in the back of a pick-up truck will be charged individually.
• Screen allows for 150 cars, so please arrive early for a drive-in spot. Bring a chair or blanket to sit in front of the screen if all the car spots are full.
• Walk-in price is $5. Please bring a blanket or chair.
• There will be a designated parking area for walk-ins.
• Do not set up chairs and blankets in drive-in parking area.
• Please only park where parking attendees direct your vehicle. Please be patient. Understand that you may not be able to park next to a friend, but we will try our best to accommodate.
• Do not park in the walkways and driving lanes designated by parking attendants.
• Speed limit is 5 mph as there are children playing and walking between vehicles.
• All parking will be in grass, so please do not spin your tires.
• Please turn off your engine and keep it off after you are parked.
• Please tune into the AM/FM station that will appear on the screen before the film to hear the sound through your car speakers.
• Outdoor speakers will be set up for attendees sitting on a blanket or chair in the walk-in area.
• The movie will be subtitled for the deaf and hearing impaired.
• Please do not sit on top of your vehicle.
• Please do not sit in trunk of vehicle.
• Pick-up trucks will be allowed to back in, so that you can sit in the bed.
• Please be aware and respectful of the viewing ability of cars behind you.
• Feel free to talk and visit but please do not disturb other patrons.
• Movie will start at approximately 8:00PM.
• Please do not leave your children unattended.
• When leaving please exit through Red’s parking lot. Please use caution.
• Please do not bring outside food or drinks, as our sales help to pay for the event.
• Please place your trash in the trash cans not on the ground.
• If you have any questions or comments leading up to the event please contact email@example.com. If you have any questions or comments during the event please look for a volunteer with a Southern Screen t-shirt.
• Do not drink and drive.